Thursday, August 31, 2017

E72 post 18 (final)

5/26/72 was quite good, but I don't feel like I have that much to say. Maybe outta gas, like Poor Pig, after the whole tour.

I noticed late in the tour that Weir was using more vibrato, sometimes so much as to sound like the Little Onion (the great John Cipollina) himself.

I'll just say again how sad it was to see Pig withdraw over the course of the tour. The short tunes are good, the organ playing remains good, but the big stuff disappears.

Randomly selected 11/21/73 Denver for my first post-E72 commute, and man had this band come a long way in a year and a half. They were great during E72. They were even greater in late '73. This show has a truly amazing big jam woven out of, through and around PITB. Stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!Thank you for joining the conversation!